Born in Marquette Michigan and raised in Ishpeming, I attended Western Michigan University. My major was dance and I minored in art. Being so busy with dance I was only able to take a couple drawing classes, never having the chance to take a painting class.
After college I headed to Los Angeles to pursue a dance career where I was happily employed for about ten years. I traveled extensively around the world. During these travels I went to every museum that I could, exploring the world of art, seeing all the masters and local artists that I could. It became a hobby collecting museum books.
Moving back to the UP of Michigan I began to love the natural beauty of my birthplace. Lake Superior, sunsets and days at the cottage on the lake along with the changing seasons inspired me to give it a try. With serious help from my daughter, an artist, I was able to begin acrylic painting. Going on to paint in oils. Now using water based oil paints.
My joy is to paint the landscapes of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. While looking at my collection, you will see landscapes typical of the places that I have been, in all of the four seasons.
Outdoor hobbies really give me the opportunity to view the different areas of the Upper Peninsula. Mountain biking, kayaking, hiking and skiing in the woods give me a way to experience the beauty of the countryside and drove me to want to capture this beauty in paint.
Shows and Exhibits:
- The Outback Art Fair, Marquette, Mi, July 2021
- Graci Gallery, Marquette, Mi, Exhibit July 2021
- Wintergreen Hill Gallery and Gifts, Marquette, Mi, Exhibit June 2021
- Bonifias Art Center, member show, 2020
- The Outback Art Fair, Marquette, Mi, July 2018 and 2019
- Winter Charm Art Exhibit, Marquette Arts & Cultural Center, February 2018
- Annual Holiday Art Sale at The Marquette Regional History Center, November 2018 and November 2017
- North of the 45th Parallel, Devos Art Museum at Northern Michigan University, June 17 to September 8, 2017
- City of Marquette Art Week, June 2019: July 2018: June 2017: June 2016: June 2015.
- Lake Superior Art Associations Juried Members Show, 2017, 2018, 2019,2021 at The Marquette Arts & Cultural Center
- Exhibit at the Peter White Library, Art from the UP, 2016
- Vertin Gallery Exhibit, Calumet, MI. 2017-2018