My career began as a professional dancer. Now, I enjoy watching my paintbrush dance across a landscape canvas reflecting the music of rustling wind through fall trees, rushing water down a rock-strewn stream, echoing vistas over Lake Superior, and cracking twigs in a snow-covered forest.
As a dancer, I traveled around the world with the opportunity to visit museums, explore the world of art, study masterworks, interact with local artists, and collect museum books.
Moving back to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan I fell in love again with the natural beauty of my birthplace. With serious help from my daughter, an artist, I began painting with acrylics, then worked briefly with oil paints. Water-based oil paints offered a more environmentally friendly alternative, so I now paint exclusively in that medium.
My joy is painting local landscapes that ar familiar to me through mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, and cross-country skiing. These outdoor activities reflect the Upper Peninsula’s independent culture and rugged natural habitats, which are both slowly gving way to technology and urbanization.
My goal as an artist is to capture for you the mood and music of nature before it disappears.
Shows and Exhibits:
- Presque Isle Art Fair, 2023
- Art on the Mountain, 2023
- The Fair Clinic, 1414 Fair Ave., Suite 344, on-going exhibit and sale.
- The Outback Art Fair, Marquette, Mi, July 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023
- Graci Gallery, Marquette, Mi, Exhibit July 2021
- Wintergreen Hill Gallery and Gifts, Marquette, Mi, Exhibit June 2021
- Bonifias Art Center, member show, 2020
- Winter Charm Art Exhibit, Marquette Arts & Cultural Center, February 2018
- Annual Holiday Art Sale at The Marquette Regional History Center, November 2017, 2018
- North of the 45th Parallel, Devos Art Museum at Northern Michigan University, June 17 to September 8, 2017
- City of Marquette Art Week, 2020, June 2019: July 2018: June 2017: June 2016: June 2015.
- Lake Superior Art Associations Juried Members Show, 2017, 2018, 2019,2021 at The Marquette Arts & Cultural Center
- Exhibit at the Peter White Library, Art from the UP, 2016
- Vertin Gallery Exhibit, Calumet, MI. 2017-2018